Car Accident in Apopka
Apopka is a city of nearly 70,000 people approximately 20 miles north of Orlando, steeped in rich history and with a future poised for growth.
It’s the second-largest city in Orange County, once dubbed the “Indoor Foliage Capital of the World” due to its large number of nurseries and greenhouses. However, the Great Recession weeded out many of those business, lost to foreclosure and consolidation of farms. That’s forced the city to find new ways to grow, which our Apopka car accident attorneys know inevitably means changes in traffic volume and patterns.
Some of those changes have included:
- A $200 million, seven-story health care and commercial enterprise building at the intersection of state roads 414, 429 and 451.
- A mixed-use town center at U.S. Highway 441 and State Road 436. This will be a central destination for both locals and visitors, with a mix of various shops and restaurants.
- A multi-use project to turn 30 acres of what used to be orchid farms into nearly 50 single-family homes, 60,000 square feet of commercial space and 35,000 square feet of offices.
- A $1 billion multi-use project on Kelly Park Road called Kelly Park Crossing, with more than 9 million square feet of proposed development.
Although Florida remains the top producer of indoor foliage nationally – and Apopka is still a big part of that – there is no denying the landscape here is changing – including the roads. A 2016 Grow Apopka Vision Report looked at how these changes are expected to impact not just the land use and business types, but the condition and location of things like:
- Transit stops
- Street lighting
- General road conditions
The city specifically noted the dangers on US 441, which is one that interconnects with numerous other thoroughfares and will be central to any new businesses that crop up in the city. Making this corridor safe and more connected is a priority. Doing so with a “Complete Streets” vision – that is, bearing in mind other types of road users, not just those in motor vehicles – is also listed as part of the future agenda.
City officials held a series of public meetings to rank priorities for future safer roads goals. Among the findings noted:
- A strong desire to create and redevelop roadways, bike lanes and trails that will make for easier access to Lake Apopka;
- Fix bottlenecking traffic problems at the intersection of 441 and 436, as well as work on creating more pedestrian-friendly development;
- Upgrade roads and transit system to connect the downtown city center with the hospital;
- Install street lamps and sidewalks wherever needed in the city to help allow pedestrians and bicyclists to better navigate the city;
- Create a one-way loop around downtown using alternative streets for safer/ faster traffic routes.
With changes like these a priority, Apopka may be well on its way to becoming a destination in its own right in Central Florida. Communities that prioritize public safety on our roads are places where people want to be.
Police data indicates more than a dozen people die in Apopka every year as a result of traffic accidents and many more are seriously injured. These figures are likely to increase as the number of businesses, residents and tourists increases.
Some of the top causes of car accidents in Florida include:
- Drunk driving
- Speeding or aggressive driving
- Improper signaling
- Defective roadways
- Defective vehicles
- Distracted driving
Our experienced Apopka car accident injury lawyers have been keeping the pace with the growing number of crashes in the region. Our team has successfully represented victims in a range of cases, including:
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Red light running accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Distracted driving accidents
- Uninsured driver accidents
- Rental car accidents
- Drunk driving accidents/ dram shop law cases
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bus accidents
We recognize that each and every one of these accident types can have severe and lasting consequences for those who are injured, as well as their families. Our experienced injury lawyers know how to negotiate fair settlements with insurance companies. We are also prepared to take these claims to court when necessary. Our goal is to make sure you receive the compensation to which you are entitled.
Apopka is a wonderful place to live and work, and we are dedicated to doing all we can that by holding negligent drivers accountable, it’s a safe one too.